State of the Industry: 10 Reasons to Use a Travel Agent in 2017
September 12, 2017
by Joseph Lipman, President
1. Travel is a unique purchase, because you are buying a product and a service. A Travel Agent knows how to sell both parts - the airline & hotel that best match your needs, and the service that will guarantee your vacation is seamless and stress-free.
2. Travel Agents are trained to take a critical look at each piece in your vacation puzzle. They make sure each piece meets your specific needs, so you're happy with every penny you're spending.
3. They can make sense of the multitude of options from airlines and hotels. This year Travel Agents are offering more brands than ever before in history - all over the world. Is South America the righr region for you? How do star ratings compare on different continents? A Travel Agent professional can decipher the subtle differences and help you choose the one that fits your requirements for your perfect vacation.
4. Travel Agents save you time and money. The time and money you spend with them will be returned to you many times over in the form of efficiency, upgrades, convenience, and excellent service.
5. They are your advocdcate. Whether you want an upgrade or need to make last minute changes due to weather, your Travel Agent will be there for you, intervening with vendors on your behalf.
6. They are the experts. Like a doctor or accountant, a Travel Agent will ask the right questions, listen to your answers, understand your pain, and offer expert advice to guide you in making one of your most important decisons - how best to spend your invaluable time away from the office. Because there are no do-overs for a vacation gone wrong.
7. Knowledge is power. From the visa and passport requirements to the name of the maitre d' at at the best restaurant in town, a good Travel Agent has the inside informaiton to make your vacation perfect.
8. They have your back. When things go wrong, a Travel Agent professional knows who to call to get it fixed on the spot. If your flight is canceled, just have a seat and pick up the phone while th rest of the passengers are lined up trying to rebook. Didn't get the room category you booked? No need to argue with the front desk, your Travel Agent will fix it.
9. They are your personal shopper. Over time your Travel Agent gets to know you and your family, your likes and dislikes. You are so much more than a client to them - and they provide the human connection that makes every trip more pleasant and meaningful. Plus, by supporting local businesses, you support your community.
10. They can offer customized vacation experiences that no one else can. After 20 or 30 years in the business, a Travel Agent has the connections to arrange for the customized menus, special arrangements, upgrades, and littel touches that are not available to the general public. Because in this amazing wide wonderful world, you just don't know what you don't know. So ask someone who does - ask your trusted Travel Agent!